Saturday, September 11, 2010

Self Stitched Days 7, 8 and 9.

Before I post these, mind you my photography is an 8 year old boy who reluctantly takes these for me.

Day 7 - Top is the sadly out of print Simplicity 4020 in a lovely silk jersey is super happy colors. I'm sorry the photo didn't turn out well here but the fabric is seriously fun. I bought it from Fashionista Fabrics awhile back. Sorry no longer available as far as I can tell. The pants are a Burda Magazine pattern 7-2009-102 out of black RPL from Gorgeous Fabrics.

Day 8 - I hope this counts. The skirt is a hand knit present from my mom. It's a gored skirt out of variegated silk/cotton yarn. Everything else is RTW.

Day 9 - Burda 7-2009-109A. This is a big tent but has some great sleeve details. I like this dress despite it's 'tent-ness.' It does not photograph well at all. I really don't think I look this huge in it or at least I hope not. Everytime I wear it I get oodles of compliments. It's a great seasonal transition dress. In the winter I've worn it with tights and long sleeved blouse under it.

Day 10 is yet to be photographed...running late in the morning and Day 6 was a bust. I was home cleaning house.




No comments: