Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Non sewing activities

So, I've been a bit of a bad sewing blogger again. I have been sewing a bit but not much. It's been too hot to sew winter stuff and I'm over sewing summer things. Our furnace took a caput this spring so we've been without AC and with a sewing area upstairs, it's been nearly unbearable.

Here's what I have been working on!

We put in the patio last year but finished the walkway and the retaining wall this year. Added about 8 yards of topsoil to help with the grade, another 150 or so blocks to go around the tree, 2 yards of rocks, and 100 square yards of sod!



The dogs are going to be relegated to their new "play" area so the humans can enjoy the patio.



Ah, Happy Feet!



The next phase will include more blocks in front of the deck, more river rocks, and a fieldstone retaining wall along with probably more sod. I'll never plant grass seed again after finding out how cheap sod it. Maybe I'm lucky that we have several sod farms in my area but at $1 a sq. yard it's so worth it!

To do:



No comments: