Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Self Stitched Days 3,4 and 5

I was gone those three days play Flyball so I wore my team jacket that I made last year. It's a Burda Magazine pattern which for the life of me I can't figure out how to find a link for. Could Burda make it any more difficult? Nope, I don't think so :-( No wonder everyone is complaining!

Anyway, it is a great jacket. It's out of some really nice quality Polartec fleece (not the cheapy blizzard stuff). I made my son one too in a pullover variety. I took it to a local embroiderer who put our team name and logo on it. It's a princess seamed jacket with side zip pockets. If I make it again, which is highly likely, I'll leave off the pockets. They are too small and pretty useless and only add bulk. The other odd thing that I remember is that it didn't have any front facings...hmmmm, so I drafted some. This is all from my old lady memory so I may be wrong.

Yeah, I found the link to the archive of the Burda. It's 1-2010-105.




Slammers Flyball Team

I have some pictures for Days 6, 7 and 8 but I'll post those tomorrow.

No comments: