Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Simplicity 2369

I couldn't resist and made another one. I really like this pattern. I don't normally make two in a row of anything. I'm fickle and lose interest quickly but I REALLY like this pattern. This time I did the length of B, the sleeves of A (more or less) and the ties for C...got that? There will be a quiz ;-) And I also lengthened and tapered the cuffs for the sleeves. I wanted to try a bit of the leg o'mutton look that I wore to death in the early 80's. Alas, it is back in style again. I would have liked to add even more length, but I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for fabric as it was and this was all I could get. I like them though and I figure if at a later date I don't, then I can just hack them off and hem the sleeves like the previous version.

This is a wonderful lipstick red (pictures are off a bit) ponte from Fabric Mart. I 'think' it is a cotton blend. It was wonderful to work with and luckily very wide so I was able to get the whole dress in 2 yards of 60" wide. Fabric Mart has quickly become my favorite online store.

I'm experimenting with taking pictures using my timer. One of my problems is that my house is full of warm woods and nothing looks good photographed against is. Outside on my porch works well but I need a volunteer, preferably a somewhat interested one, to get decent pictures. I put this blue fabric (courtesy of a mystery box), up on the door and I think it helped. I like how I look much better in these pictures than in my other ones.



If you look close you can see some of my poison ivy!



I've been slacking on my self stitched stuff. I was home sick yesterday and now I'm on vacation for the rest of the month. I did wear one of my Nancy skirts to the store yesterday, but nothing self stitched today unless you count my modeling.

3 comments:

Karin said...

I can see why you like this pattern. The cut and the shape are flattering on you. Love the red!

Eugenia said...

This version of the dress is very glamorous - that shade of red is very lovely and suits you a lot. Definitely a pattern you should make over and over!

velosews said...

This dress is very flattering on you, as is the colour. I still haven't mastered the photo skill yet either.