When BWOF became Burda Magazine and reduced their pattern pages and crammed them all on two pages I cancelled my subscription. I couldn't see them to trace anything. I went back and searched ebay and picked up some old issues. This February 2007 was one of them. I bought it specifically for this pattern. I loved the neckline and the shape of the dress. I had really high expectations for it and unfortunately, it didn't live up to them.
I mean, I like it, from a distance. I cut out a 42 which is the largest they have and figured since it ran big, I'd be fine. Well, I seriously should have cut out a 38, mind you I wear a 42/44 in most Burda stuff.
After spending days fiddling with the neckline to get it to fit in some way without looking like I had droopy girls, I finally gave up and decided I had to wear a cami under it. It's a shame because the neckline was what attracted me to this pattern. And it looks rather homesewn at the neck because I had to mess with it so much.
And on top of it, I used some fabric that I loved. Well serves me right for not making a muslin or using crap fabric to try it out. I can get more of it, I think, but I'm on a fabric fast for awhile. Yes, really, it's been a couple weeks ;-)
Oh well, I'll wear it for sure, but it sadly did not live up to my hopes. I might make it again, but I will definitely cut out a much smaller size.
Up next is a TNT, Simplicity 3503, but I'm doing a different version. I'm going to sew View E as a maxi dress.