Monday, August 3, 2009

Yeah, My new sewing space!






Well I didn't get any sewing done this weekend but I got this new space nearly finished and organized. Now if I can just keep it that way.
The last picture I'm actually standing out on the beam across the room to get it...

I'm still contemplating thread storage. I'll probably put up a rack behind the desk. I have all my BWOF's stored in hanging file folders in the desk which is awesome. I'm going to copy the line drawing pages from each one and put in a binder so I can get a quick reference. I get so frustrated remembering I saw a pattern I liked but can't find it and having to search through them all!

The sewing table is completely open so it takes up a lot of room when in use but it should be fine when it's down.

The computer area is required but if this works out I may invest in a nicer corner style desk for the area. My husband is happy I found a place for his pride and joy file cabinet and and wonderful new use for his jelly cupboard.

Thanks to everyone on PR for all their suggestions and inspirations!

8 comments:

Sherril said...

Did DH make all those pieces for you sewing loft? What a wonderful space to work in.

Michelle said...

That looks really fantastic! What a great space. I love how organized it is, mine is a disaster, which I fear the fact that it is a room that no one ever sees feeds my messy nature. I think "eh, I'll just close the door."

Kim said...

No, he didn't make anything. He's a part time auctioneer/antiques guy so he picks things up when he sees great deals. The file cabinet was a real deal and the jelly cupboard he refinish. My dad refinished the little desk and the big one is just Pottery barn. The sewing table was a find on Craigslist for $40. It needs some repairs but is usable.

Carol said...

Very nice space!! I love all the shelves and black boxes.

Nancy K said...

Gorgeous sewing room! Enjoy the new space.

Unknown said...

Fantastic space, I'm so jealous! Looks so cozy and inviting, I could easily spend a day in there... Have Fun!

Kim said...

This is the DH (is that D for dear or dumb?) sneaking in on her account... Yeah, that space is nice and organized. I should take a picture of her other sewing area in the basement...

Eugenia said...

I'm so envious of your new sewing space - it looks so great and well thought through. My stuff is stuffed into various spaces round the house and I work from the kitchen table. Your sewing room has really got me thinking .....