Sunday, August 23, 2009

Harem Pants...yeah, I said harem pants

So I absolutely loved these in the 80's and had my mom make me a couple pairs. I wore the heck out of them until one pair disappeared after a friend borrowed them. I swore I was going to make a pair this year. I bought some muted satin at Joann's, it's not crepe backed, but it's very flowy and the color of iron. I cut them out in May I think, made an oops cutting out, got frustrated and combined with my fear of invisible zippers I put them in the UFO pile.

I pulled them out yesterday and decided I wanted to finish them. They are still "in" for Fall, of course you should really be 5 foot 10 and 125 pounds to wear them, but what the heck.

So far so good, I have them together except for the waistband and am going to finish them. They may be wearable, the jury is still out, but I think they are worth finishing to see.


I'm making the longer version. I'll post them up when they are done.

1 comment:

June said...

They look great! What BWOF issue are they in? I'd love a pair!