Saturday, August 1, 2009

Simplicity 2593

It's amazing how much sewing I can get done while the men in my household are off fishing!!! I hope this becomes an annual trip.

Next up a Simplicity. I know I'm new to sewing but in very short order I got frustrated with the Big 4 and their fit. BWOF and Burda just fit me so much better. Well, Joann's had Simplicity on sale, and despite saying I wouldn't buy any more Big 4, I did. I really like these Cynthia Rowley designs...so cute!

So up next, something simple for some pretty silk charmeuse. I've never sewn silk so this will be a new experience. I did a muslin out of some cheapy Joann's silky just to get an idea of how it will work. It fit pretty well. I bought the size that goes up to a 14, but I probably needed a 16 so I may let the hips out a smidge. I cut the shoulders and neck a 10. Wow, what a difference in how tops fit when I do this. One of the many things learned on PR. I don't think I'd still be sewing if I hadn't found that site.

Hopefully I can finish it today between my other tasks to get ready for the men to return...

Forgive the picture quality. This is a cell phone picture. The cord to get the pictures from the camera to the computer is with my husband. The fabric is a pretty cream color with midnight blue dots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I applaud you for taking the time to make a muslin, it's something I hate to do, but know I should! I love your fabric, and am eager to see the final product!