Saturday, March 26, 2011

Prison Break!

Good followup to the did a bad thing post, dontcha think :-)

Prison Break jacket AKA Vogue 8714 is almost complete. I still have to topstitch just about everything and add buttons. I am on the fence about lining the sleeves. Turns out the only pieces that use lining are the backs, side fronts, and sleeves. Everything else is doubled with fabric. I did cut out the sleeves in lining and had them attached but they were too tight. I couldn't reach forward. I'm on the fence about doing a arm adjustment on them and redoing them or not. I don't see the need to line them personally. It's unlikely that I will wear this jacket with long sleeves and even if I did, it's rather smooth fabric. I may just slipstitch the lining to the armcyce at this point, wear it a bit, then decide. I could add them later if I wanted.

So far, it's exactly how I envisioned it...YEAH!

I played around with cutting out the pieces and decided on cutting the side fronts on the bias and the bottom peplum cross grain. I think it added some fun to it, not that a striped jacket by itself isn't fun though.



2 comments:

Karin said...

It looks fantastic! Very much like your inspiration picture.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That is soooooo kewl! Thanks for the in-progress pictures!