Thursday, January 17, 2013

Simplicity 1716

The dogs coats are boxed up and en route to Michigan.  I'm trying to figure out what to sew next but in the meantime here is a shirt that I sewed up in December.  This was either going to be a love or hate style for me and I actually LOVE it!  I think it actually turns out to be somewhat minimizing on my upper half.  The detail is above the bust so your eye goes up.  I made a muslin out of dollar a yard poly and promptly chucked it when I was done but I found out I liked the design.

This is a yummy Rayon/Lycra knit from my old indie, Fabric Gallery, in Michigan that is no more.  She retired.  I found out she was selling out after I decided to move.  I tell ya, if I had known prior to my move, I might just have bought her store!

I really am loving this pattern!  There will be more of these, in fact, as I'm pondering a new coat to sew, I may make another one of these quickly.  Once you figure out the construction, it's a breeze to make!  I made my muslin wrong but figured it out before the final product.


Off to fondle fabric and stare at patterns to decide what to make next...


8 comments:

Lisa said...

You look so pretty. I love the print.

Peggy's Closet said...

You've inspired me to give this pattern a try! I love the fabric!

STAshworth said...

Gorgeous print!

Judith said...

Great choice of fabric for this pattern - it looks super on you! Definitely make another...j

Leslie said...

I think your fabric and the pattern go great together and look so nice on you! I wan't to try the pattern now myself!

Sherril said...

I found the modest twist to be full-bust friendly as well. I think your print is lovely in this pattern.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Cute top! Definitely make more!

Victoria said...

That print is gorgeous! Looks good on you!!!