Monday, October 29, 2012

Vogue 1087 - Done

I anticipated this dress to be more of a headache than what it was.  Thanks to all those who had tackled this dress before me, it sure made it easier.  Plus, I went into it knowing it was a PITA pattern.

I did do some alterations before cutting.  Those were to take an inch off the bodice and back length, along with an inch from the shoulders.  I normally need to shorten the bodice, even with my large chest because my back length is under 14 inches.  However, for this pattern, I shouldn't have done it.  I'm stretching it like crazy.  I managed to take small seams which helped but it's not draping like it should.  I also should have cut out an 18 instead of a 16.  My new larger size is really throwing me.  I normally fluctuate up and down 5 pounds but this extra 15-20 is not just a smidge factor in patterns.  I need a bigger size!  I've been trying to lose it but it's just stuck!  Damn getting old!

I do like this dress and it is very flattering, I think anyways.  It is a very tedious pattern but if you know that going in, it's worth it.  I did find another copy of it on ebay and bought it so I could make it again in an 18.  I think it would be fun in a pattern as a casual dress.

Here is a quickie shot after I finished it.  I'll try to post some of the dress up version.


1 comment:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your quickie photo looks great on you!