I anticipated this dress to be more of a headache than what it was. Thanks to all those who had tackled this dress before me, it sure made it easier. Plus, I went into it knowing it was a PITA pattern.
I did do some alterations before cutting. Those were to take an inch off the bodice and back length, along with an inch from the shoulders. I normally need to shorten the bodice, even with my large chest because my back length is under 14 inches. However, for this pattern, I shouldn't have done it. I'm stretching it like crazy. I managed to take small seams which helped but it's not draping like it should. I also should have cut out an 18 instead of a 16. My new larger size is really throwing me. I normally fluctuate up and down 5 pounds but this extra 15-20 is not just a smidge factor in patterns. I need a bigger size! I've been trying to lose it but it's just stuck! Damn getting old!
I do like this dress and it is very flattering, I think anyways. It is a very tedious pattern but if you know that going in, it's worth it. I did find another copy of it on ebay and bought it so I could make it again in an 18. I think it would be fun in a pattern as a casual dress.
Here is a quickie shot after I finished it. I'll try to post some of the dress up version.