Saturday, March 27, 2010

My first vintage pattern.

I've lusted after vintage patterns for awhile now. I bought one last summer but wimped out on making it. For some reason, I'm kind of a sucker for the late 70's early 80's patterns. This is the one I wimped out on:



Kay Y did a wonderful review of this dress on PatternReview. I'm thinking I might be ready to tackle it this summer.

So, I was perusing etsy the other day and saw this:



I bought it right away. I am on a cowl neckline kick this summer. I love DVF and this looked like a simple pattern to start out in the vintage arena with. Plus, I found it in my size so there were no grading issues.

I have it half finished so far in a fabulous brushstroked rayon from Fabric Mart I bought last year. I am absolutely loving it so far. This will definitely not be my last vintage pattern.

I thought I had a picture of the fabric but I can't find it. I'll update soon with finished pictures.

1 comment:

Eugenia said...

I love that DVF pattern - it's so elegant looking. Looking forward to seeing this dress finished ...