I got this fabric in a mystery bundle from FabricMart. I love me some mystery bundles. Sometime they are bad...oh so bad, but then you get a gem like this out of nowhere! This reminds me of the fabric I used for my Colette Macaron.
I'm a sucker for panelled prints and I love the bright flowers on the black background. So I got three panels of this polyester knit. In all honesty, it's a big rough. There are some flawed color patches which at first I thought were dirt but they did not come out in the wash. Hence, a bad dye job or a machine malfunction. Despite that, I wanted to use this for this dress.
The panels were a bit too narrow for the skirt so my skirt is a little smaller width wise, no biggie. And to make the bodice, I had to cut everything out in single layer to get it too fit. I didn't even have enough fabric for the little ties that it's supposed to have.
I thought I would be smart and put clear elastic along the neckline to stabilize it because this was pretty flimsy. Unfortunately, it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. If I make this again, I will just leave it alone.
I do really like the gathered shoulder seams and the neck has decent coverage. I did have to tweak it a bit though but I always do. I made an 18 in the body and a 16 in the shoulders. Still working on that extra weight that I've added. I could have easily made it a size smaller though, it's generous.
I'm actually really happy with this dress. It's a very nice pattern and I could see myself making it again this summer.