Thursday, January 14, 2010

Robert Rodriguez - Spring 2010 and a Biker Jacket

I'm loving all the "harder edged" clothes these days. The biker look, black leather, studs, etc. but done in a feminine way. I just got am email with a peek at the Robert Rodriguez Spring 2010 trunk show. I love it and see several things that I would love to have. I'll have to settle for attempting to recreate the looks in a less expensive way. Robert Rodriguez Spring 2010

Here are a couple of my favorites:






For the shirtdress I've been looking at this - BWOF 6-2009-117. I already have some nice black poplin from fabric.com I bought last year with the intention of doing a shirtdress.


For the skirt, this is in the Feb. 2010 issue of Burdastyle (BWOF) Skirt #124A. I have some stretch twill that I got by accident in a shipment from fabric.com.



Maybe this Simplicity for the grey dress. I'm trying to use patterns I already have. I have more of a pattern addiction than I do fabric addiction ;-)



I made a shirt out of this fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics "Smoky Plums" and it is so soft. I wished I had more. I may have to order some.


As far as the last dress goes, well, I doubt I'd make it. I love it, but would have no place to wear it.

Biker Jacket

But first, before all these other inspirations grab me, my next project is a Biker Jacket. BWOF 9-2008-123 (or 121). Thanks to suggestions on PR this is what I decided to make. The fabric is a black wool, almost a tweed, but it has silver threads in it. The wrong side is more silver than the right side and I'm wondering if I'd be breaking any unwritten sewing rules if I used the wrong side. I plan on doing the 123 version without the ribbing but in the wool.

Wish me luck! This will be my first fitted jacket. I figured if I was going to try a jacket it better be one that I will love and wear to spend the time doing it. I'll be tracing it out tonight hopefully and maybe cutting out a muslin tomorrow night.


No comments: