Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Biker Jacket Progress

I was happy with the muslin so I started on the jacket last weekend. For the alterations I did an FBA, narrowed the shoulders 1/2 inch and raised the armcyce 1/2 inch. These have become my standard pattern adjustments. After looking at the muslin, I also did a 1/2 inch forward sloping should adjustment for the first time. I think that one will be added to the list. I also changed the back pleats to darts. I like them better this way.

So far, I am ecstatic about this jacket. I'm happy the the fit, the pattern, the fabric and can see myself wearing the heck out of this jacket both to work and for casual with jeans.

I attached one of the sleeves tonight and it looks like I may rotate the sleeve back 1/2 inch. In the FFRP, they suggest to offset the sleeve. This will leave the seams offset underarm. As they say in the book, who's going to look under your arm. I'm going to try this with the other sleeve and see how it works. I need to go look at my book.

I still need to put the facings on, the other sleeve, and do the lining. That I'm a bit worried about but I'll just take it a step at a time.




3 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow. I mean... wow. I'd be ecstatic, too. This looks amazing! Keep up the good work!!!

Eugenia said...

This is coming along very nicely - it's going to be a really great jacket!

A Sewn Wardrobe said...

This is going to be an amazing jacket! I just love the style. Can't wait to see the finished piece!