Friday, October 14, 2011

Vogue 1247 - Orange Skirt

Love this skirt! I lengthened it about 6 inches, then took it up 1. I'm short and this original would be very short on me. If I was 15 years younger, I'd wear it that length but not at this point in my life.

The instructions were good. I did not so the binding. It just seemed like a whole heck of a lot of work. If I make it again, I might do it.

I am seriously considering making this out of leather. I need to look at zipper options though. I don't want to do the invisible zipper for it and am not sure how to do a lapped zipper. I need to practice first.




11 comments:

Aminat said...

Wow, love the skirt and ypur fabric choice....

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You look fabulous in that skirt! And you know how much I love it especially since I have 2 or 3 more planned...but what an intriguing idea to make it in leather! Fabric Mart has some amazing skins right now that would make an interesting version.

Victoria said...

Cute skirt! Love the pockets and the color!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute... I have this pattern too and I think leather would be very rock star (in a good way!)

Patty said...

I've added this pattern to my list for the next pattern sale, since it's popping up all over looking great! I like your idea of making it in leather.

Debbie Cook said...

Very nice! What a GREAT color!

Karin said...

Beautiful fit and great colour! I like the leather idea.

Jeanettec said...

I've been thinking about making this skirt too AND I need a black leather skirt. Thanks for the idea. I LOVE that color.

Mary said...

oh yeah!! You look wonderful in this.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! You look great
-Sewingelle

Vanessa said...

I love this color so much. Fabulous job.