Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I never do this - BWOF 8-2009-117

I got my BWOF for August in the mail on Monday. I traced and cut out a pattern the same night. I finished it last night (would have finished it Tuesday if I hadn't thought I made a dumb mistake and ripped it out, only to find out I hadn't made a mistake....double dum dum).
It's my first foray into sheers and it wasn't actually that bad. I used my rolled hem foot (new toy) for the flounce

BWOF 8-2009-117

I normally don't wear blouses but absolutely loved this. I made it in some cheapy Joann's red tag fabric as a practice shirt. It turned out decent and I think I may upgrade to some good fabric. Pictures to follow...DH is out of town with the camera ;-)

Look what I just found on net-a-porter in their new arrivals...
Sonia by Sonia Rykeil Silk ruffle-neck blouse
$440


No comments: